Thank you to all those who asked questions or provided comments on the revised concept design.
All those responses have been recorded in an Engagement Summary Report, along with the great feedback provided in the previous round of engagement on the draft concept plan. You can access that report in the Document Library at the right of this page.
The revised concept design, along with Engagement Summary, was considered by Council at the Meeting held on 9 June 2021, and was endorsed without changes to be adopted as the final concept plan for the new Frith Street park.
Changes we have made in preparing the final concept plan that are in direct response to your feedback, include:
- Doubled the amount of green space (garden bed and lawn areas) from 730m² to 1,520m²
- Included more trees (increase from 38 trees to 49 trees)
- Reduced the amount of hard surfaces
- Greater use of indigenous plant species
- More trees planted in the ground, less trees in pots
- Designated spaces for active uses including basketball, ping-pong and a bouldering wall
- Introduction of a custom metal walkway in response to the sites foundry heritage
- Inclusion of foundry themed water play
- Added a shelter over the BBQ & picnic tables
- Included a custom toilet building for park users
Detailed design drawings are now being prepared for Tenders to be called towards the end of this year. A contractor will then be appointed, subject to Council approval, for construction works to commence in early 2022. The new park is expected to be open at the completion of those works in mid-2023.
The revised concept plan, shown below, is available to view from the Document Library above.