In June and July 2022, after a review of engagement from previous climate projects, we presented a draft Climate Risk Strategy to our community for feedback.
Who we heard from
- 50 people shared feedback through online tools on the Conversations Merri-bek page. See what tools we used by clicking the tabs above.
- 10 members of a Council Advisory Committee or Reference Group attended a stakeholder workshop
- 5 people from our Age Friendly Reference Group shared stories
- We received 739 visits to the Conversations Merri-bek page and 312 downloads of the draft strategy.
What we heard
- 82% of survey respondents either agreed or strongly agreed with the draft vision
- Each of the 5 goals were supported by over 80% of survey respondents
- Physical health impacts
- Plant and animal loss and deaths
- Mental health impact
Tell us about your experiences
We know our community supports action on climate change.
We are keen to hear your direct experience or stories about:
- What changes to the climate and weather have you noticed most over the past decade?
- Are you or loved ones already being impacted by warmer and/or more extreme weather? Give us a personal example.
- Do you have examples of local people or organisations that are acting now to prepare ahead for warmer and more extreme weather?
Your stories will help us understand how climate change is currently impacting our residents.
Some stories may be used in the final strategy to ‘bring it to life’. They will also help us develop meaningful climate communications for the broader community.
You are welcome to share more than one story.