Thank you for your patience!
During stage one of community engagement, the community provided Council with some great feedback and direction for the future of the Fawkner Merri Creek Parklands. Strengthening the natural values is a priority but so is improving community connections to the parklands.
Planning has started to improve the Fawkner Merri Parklands through the drafting of a Plan for this 71 hectare parkland corridor along the Merri Creek between Moomba Park in the north and Parker Reserve in the south (see Map).
We experienced significant COVID delays to the engagement process on the Plan and are currently working through internal priorities, but hope to share the draft Plan with the community soon.
At the nest stage of engagement, we will share your feedback, suggestions and present a draft response for review.
Suggestions will hopefully include, for example:
- New playgrounds, exercise stations and drinking fountains
- BBQs and picnic facilities, paths, creek crossings, seating, shelters, drinking fountains and toilets
- Nature conservation, revegetation and weed removal, nature trails, wetlands, way finding & interpretative signage
- Nature based community activities
- Improved active recreation spaces and facilities
- Community market gardens, and
- Meeting rooms and facilities
Based on this feedback, we will develop a detailed, costed and prioritised 10-year Fawkner Parklands Plan that will be reviewed by Council before going back out to the community for final consultation.