During our first round of consultation we heard from over 200 people through:
- Activities on Conversation Merri-bek
- Face-to-face consultations
- Conversations with Merri-bek’s Arts Advisory Committee, First Nations Creative Consultation group and Children’s Reference Group.
Responses were positive, aspirational and hopeful. We heard that our community:
- is passionate about Merri-bek and want to see more artists and more activity everywhere;
- is proud of the arts community and want to see Merri-bek identified as the leader of arts and culture across Melbourne and Victoria; and
- see the arts as a vibrant force for community cohesion and core to the celebration of diversity.
The needs and ideas that we heard through this extensive consultation have directly informed the development of this strategy, and its key priority areas – investment, creation and connection.
Previous engagement activity: what does arts and culture mean to you?
- What does arts and culture mean to you?
- What do you think about when we say arts and culture in Merri-bek?
- What do you love about arts and culture in Merri-bek?
See the responses we received below.